Fire caused by water heater displaces two families - Mid-South News, Weather, Traffic and Sports | FOX13

Fire caused by water heater displaces two families

Posted: Updated:
Aurora (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

Two families were displaced after a fire broke out Saturday night in west suburban Aurora.

Firefighters responded to a blaze about 7:30 p.m. in the basement of a two-unit apartment building, located in the 600 block of High Street, a statement from Aurora Fire Department said.

Four fire companies helped extinguish the flames, caused by items placed too close to a water heater, the statement said. The fire was contained to the basement.

No one was injured, but two families were displaced and are staying with relatives, the fire department said.

Damages to the building are estimated at $5,000.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices