DC Police Officer Marc Washington facing child porn charges foun - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

DC Police Officer Marc Washington facing child porn charges found dead

Posted: Updated:
Marc Washington Marc Washington

A D.C. police officer facing child pornography charges apparently committed suicide one day after being released from jail.

Marc Washington was found unconscious in the Washington Channel near Hains point just after 8 p.m. Tuesday.

He had just been fitted with a GPS monitoring bracelet.

Washington was freed from jail Monday morning and was on his own until Tuesday when he was given a GPS ankle bracelet and told to go home where he would be under house arrest.

But instead of going to Waldorf, Md., the 32-year-old apparently drove himself to Hains Point where he may have jumped into the frigid waters of the Washington Channel.

FOX 5 has been closely following this case since the Seventh District officer was arrested last week. Now a timeline is starting to come together.

We now know Washington was released from the cellblock at U.S. District Court Monday morning and told to show up at the Pretrial Services Agency at 633 Indiana Avenue, NW, where he would be placed into the high intensity supervision program.

With an opportunity to talk to Washington, that is where we waited hours for him Tuesday.

But somehow, he got past us unnoticed, made his appointment, and was then, according to a source familiar with the investigation, allowed to leave through a back door onto D Street so he could avoid our camera out front.

From there, we know Washington walked a block to Superior Court where he submitted to a drug test. Where he went after that is still unclear.

We went to his Charles County, Md., house in the late afternoon, but there was no answer.

According to Cliff Keenan, Director of Pretrial Services Agency, Washington's movements were recorded by GPS and that information was turned over to police.

This is what we know about what happened Tuesday night.

A call was placed to 911 around 8:15 p.m. from an unknown male caller alerting police to a suspicious situation at bay 11 on Hains Point. That is where U.S. Park Police found a car running and clothing on the ground next to it. Officers then looked into the channel after calling harbor patrol and found the body of Officer Washington.

It is unclear how he got into the water and all along the railing is 45 yards of nothing but fingerprint dust.

Washington was facing a mandatory minimum of 15 years in prison if convicted on the child porn charge.

Investigators say the Seventh District officer took naked pictures of a 15-year-old girl while in uniform and on duty.

He was telling the teen it was "procedure" after she had been reported missing by her mother.

D.C. police say investigators know who made that 911 call, but will not say if it was placed by the officer before he went in the water.

Washington was taken by helicopter to the Washington Hospital Center where he was pronounced dead sometime Tuesday morning.

We asked to talk to the chief about the investigation, but were told she was unavailable.

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices