Service disruptions for thousands of commuters - Mid-South News, Weather, Traffic and Sports | FOX13

Service disruptions for thousands of commuters

Posted: Updated:
MTA MTA
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Commuters who rely on Metro-North trains to get to and from New York City will need to make adjustments to their regular travel plans. 

Expect reduced service on the Hudson Line between Poughkeepsie and Yonkers following Sunday's deadly train derailment in the Bronx.

Southbound commuters in Yonkers are advised to use the shuttle bus service to Van Cortlandt or take the No. 1 subway line.

Anyone traveling northbound is encouraged to take the shuttle from Grand Central to Times Square then transfer to the No.1 train to Van Cortlandt park where shuttle buses will be waiting.

It is too soon to tell when full service on the Hudson line will be restored, the MTA said.

Metro-North says on an average weekday 26,000 people ride trains on the Hudson line.

Hudson line tickets will be cross honored on the subway.

Amtrak trains were back to normal on Sunday.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices