Animals rescued from fire at Geneva business - Mid-South News, Weather, Traffic and Sports | FOX13

Animals rescued from fire at Geneva business

Posted: Updated:
GENEVA, Ill. (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

No one was injured, and a cat and dog were safely rescued Wednesday morning when a fire broke out inside the basement of a business in west suburban Geneva.

Firefighters were called to The Hart Center for Alternative Medicine, in the 100 block of South Second Street, around 10 a.m. for reports of a fire, the Aurora Beacon-News is reporting.

The businesses owner, who was the only person inside the building at the time, was able to escape safely.

Firefighters said that the fire was contained to the basement, and did not damage the upper floors. The cause appears to be accidental.

Combustible material left too close to a furnace appeared to have been the cause, fire officials said.

Firefighters from St. Charles, Batavia and Elburn also responded to the blaze.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices