A Calhoun family that has opened its home to six special needs children is trying to figure out how to move on without it.
A fire last month destroyed Amy and Darren Delaney's home along with everything inside.
"We heard the smoke alarms and we got all the kids and backed them away from the house as far away as we could and then, literally within minutes, the house had blown up in flames," said Amanda Sheriff, a babysitter for the family.
The family is made up of nine children, including six adopted children who have special needs. They say they are overwhelmed by all of the support the community has shown them since the fire.
Donations have poured in to help the family. The community has helped raise more than $11,000 for the family.
"Everything pretty much in the house. All the clothes, you know, washer and dryer, money -- everybody's been really supportive," said Shawn Delaney.
A fund has been set up to assist the family. Click here to make a donation
Clothing Donations are being accepted at:
Gordon Adult and Pediatric
815 Curtis Pkwy SE
Calhoun, GA 30701
Mark the clothes as "For the Delaney Family" and place them at the side door.