Another lawsuit filed in Blue Line ‘ghost train’ crash - Mid-South News, Weather, Traffic and Sports | FOX13

Another lawsuit filed in Blue Line ‘ghost train’ crash

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A woman and her granddaughter who were injured in a crash involving a runaway train on the CTA Blue Line last month have filed a lawsuit against the transit agency.

Authorities said 33 people were hurt on Sept. 30 crash when an unmanned train barreled into an occupied train at the Harlem Avenue station in west suburban Forest Park, officials said at the time.

Bethena Davis, 65, and her 4-year-old daughter were passengers in the first car of the westbound train that was struck by the "ghost train," according to the suit filed Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court.

It claims Davis and her granddaughter were injured in the crash, and the CTA had a duty to provide safe transportation to its paying customers. The three-count suit seeks at least $200,000 in damages.

It is at least the second suit filed in the crash. Kim Quatch filed a lawsuit Oct. 2, alleging she was a passenger in the occupied train and was left with multiple injuries from the collision. She is seeking at least $50,000.

A CTA spokesman declined to comment on the lawsuit.

An NTSB investigation into the crash is pending.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices