Stolen 'Duck Dynasty' scarecrow found destroyed - Mid-South News, Weather, Traffic and Sports | FOX13

Stolen 'Duck Dynasty' scarecrow found destroyed

BALL GROUND, Ga. -

Some students in Ball Ground are upset after someone destroyed their "Duck Dynasty"-themed Halloween decoration.

Fourth-grade students at Ball Ground Elementary made the scarecrow, based on "Uncle" Si Robertson of the hit reality TV show, as part of a contest.

Students purchased the supplies for the project and spent 40 hours of labor working on the stuffed character.

The scarecrow disappeared between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, according to police.

On Monday, police said that the remains of the scarecrow had been found.

"A juvenile that took it…actually got real nervous and scared once he saw the media attention that it was gaining and he burned it because he was scared," said Ball Ground Police Chief Bryon Reeves.

Police have charged a juvenile in the theft. Authorities said the accused boy was very remorseful and is coming up with a way to make up for his Halloween trickery.

Authorities had offered a $1,000 reward for information about the theft. A family court will now determine how that money is dispersed.

  • More Local NewsMore>>

  • Governor signs controversial gun bill into law

    Governor signs controversial gun bill into law

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 4:47 PM EDT2014-04-23 20:47:57 GMT
    A few hundred gun rights advocates gathered for Wednesday's bill signing in Ellijay with top officials including House Speaker David Ralston and bill sponsor Rep. Rick Jasperse.
    A few hundred gun rights advocates gathered for Wednesday's bill signing in Ellijay with top officials including House Speaker David Ralston and bill sponsor Rep. Rick Jasperse.
  • Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:20 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:20:03 GMT
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
  • Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:36 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:36:51 GMT
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices