Student helps extinguish flames on classmate - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Student helps extinguish flames on classmate

Posted: Updated:
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. -

A student who helped extinguish a classmate who caught on fire is speaking about the event.

The accident happened when a science experiment at Douglasville High School went horribly wrong.

A girl standing nearby caught fire, so Will Wheeler and a teacher jumped in to help.

"I remember hearing a bang, turning and looking and seeing her hit the ground on fire," Wheeler said.  "I froze up for a little bit and then I just ran into the room to get the fire blanket and then I threw it on her and that's really all I remember."

The female student was transported to the hospital with burns covering approximately 25 percent of her upper body. Doctors expect her to make a full recovery.

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices