It's always good to have Chef Kelli Lewton from 2 Unique Caterers and Event Planners in the Fox 2 Kitchen. On Friday she made Baja Shrimp Tacos. Follow along with the recipe below.
Get more unique ideas or help with your next event, go to: http://www.twounique.com/
Chef Kelli's Baja Shrimp Tacos
· 2 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
· ¼ teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
· Juice of 1 lime
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 &1/2 pounds medium shrimp size 21/25 or 16 20, peeled and deveined
· 8 corn or flour tortillas
Salsa Verde with Avocado:
· ½ small Spanish onion, chopped course
· ¼ pickled jalapeno
· 1 garlic clove, smashed
· 4-5 medium tomatillos, (or 8-10 oz. canned) coarsely chopped
· 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
· ¼ cup roasted corn kernels
· 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
· Shredded white cabbage or iceberg lettuce
· Small bottles of hot sauce (optional)
· Cooked crumbled chorizo
· Thinly sliced red onion
· Chopped cilantro leaves
· Crema or sour cream
· Lime wedges
Salsa Verde with Avocado & Roasted Corn
Course puree; onion, jalapeno, tomatillos and garlic in a food processor or with immersion stick blender. (leave chucky). Stir in diced avocado, corn, cilantro and season to taste.
Pre Heat BBQ grill to medium. Toss shrimp with; lime juice, chili powder, olive oil and seasoning. Skewer shrimp on small wooden bamboo skewers, divide amongst 8 bamboo sticks. Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
You can heat tortillas quickly on grill to give them a little char and or wrap in damp paper towel and heat in micro wave until warm 45 -70 seconds. Present shrimp, salsa and Baja garnishes on platter .