Kitchen fire forces Moma's BBQ to close - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Kitchen fire forces Moma's BBQ to close

Posted: Updated:
Scott Madaus / FOX13 News Scott Madaus / FOX13 News
BARTLETT, Tenn. (FOX13) -

An early morning grease fire has forced the temporary closure of Moma's BBQ in Bartlett.

The fire was first reported at around 4:30 a.m., at the restaurant, located in the 6300 block of Stage Road.

Bartlett firefighters quickly contained and extinguished the fire. Fire investigators said the fire started in a deep fat fryer in the kitchen.

"It got out of control real quick," owner Kenny Geiger told FOX13 News. "The (fire suppression) system came on the control it but it just wasn't enough."

There were no reported injuries.

Geiger said this fire couldn't have come at a worse time because of the July 4 holiday on Thursday. He's unsure when the restaurant will reopen for business but said Moma's BBQ will reopen.


FOX13 News Good Morning Memphis reporter Scott Madaus contributed to this report.

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices