More than a week after a fire in a ceiling light sent soot and chemicals throughout the interior of the building, the Cabela's in Dundee is preparing to reopen for customers.
In a posting on Facebook the company said the showroom will reopen this Friday at 4:00 p.m.
No one was hurt when a ceiling light fixture caught fire on April 24, and embers or sparks spread toward the men's clothing section igniting some garments. Employees working overnight managed to put out the fire. On its website Cabela's said:
The building did not suffer any structural damage. All merchandise damaged by the fire and smoke has been removed from the store and will be replaced with new inventory that will meet the quality standards Cabela's customers expect.
The Cabela's in Dundee is located just off U.S. 23 and is listed as a 225,000 square retail store. The showroom is considered one of the top tourist destinations in Michigan with an estimated 6 million visitors each year.