It's been days since a sinkhole swallowed up parts of a Florida home and claimed the life of a man sleeping in his bedroom.
We are getting the first look at the hole today as work continues to demolish the home.
Authorities say when deputies first arrived they weren't able to locate the victim Jeffrey Bush.
They turned their attention to rescuing his brother Jeremy. Others in the home were able to escape safely. Now the man's brother says he wished more had been done to help save him.
Bush says, "I think I'm the only one who really tried to get you out. They say that the ground is too unstable to do anything but they got all of this heavy equipment on there, pulling stuff out and everybody is cheering for everything that is coming out of the house. I've had enough of the cheering and the stuff and the memories coming out of the house. I'm grateful that they did what I asked them to do, pull out that side of the house first instead of my part of the house. I'm grateful for that. They got what they wanted. Now let's try to get my brother out. That's what I want."
Demolition on the home began on Sunday. It's not clear if two neighboring homes will also have to be demolished over safety concerns.
WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
Didn't find what you were looking for?