Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental

Posted: Updated:
ATLANTA -

An investigation has found that a house fire that killed a Butts County woman was accidental.

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens says fire investigators determined that an electrical malfunction of the dryer started the blaze Friday afternoon.

Authorities found 52-year-old Bonnie T. Hamby dead in the home in Flovilla, about 35 miles northwest of Macon.

Hudgens said the home was completely destroyed by the fire.

 

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices