A New Zealand coroner has clarified that the cause of one mother's death had to do with her drinking at least 10 liters of Coca-Cola per day, BBC News reported.
Natasha Harris went into cardiac arrest in February 2010 and died at the age of 30.
At the time of her death, a pathologist found Harris had hypokalemia, or a lack of potassium in the blood.
Harris' family said she was addicted to the soda, and if she didn't get her fix, she would go into withdrawal, including shaking. Eventually, her teeth had to be removed because the sugar caused decay.
At least one of Harris' eight children was born without enamel on his or her teeth, because of the mother's addiction.
The excessive consumption of Coca-Cola caused cardiac arrhythmia, which means the heart beats too fast or too slow, according to Coroner David Crerar.
Crerar said drinking that much soda is equivalent to more than two pounds of sugar and 970 milligrams of caffeine, according to Television New Zealand.
"I find that when all the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died," Crerar pointed out.
Coca-Cola has argued it's product cannot be linked to Harris' death.
Last year, in a statement to The Southland Times newspaper, a Coca-Cola representative said that "grossly excessive ingestion of any food product, including water" could be harmful.
"We believe that all foods and beverages can have a place in a balanced and sensible diet combined with an active lifestyle," the statement added.