Garage burned by fire from attempt to warm cat bed - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Garage burned by fire from attempt to warm cat bed

Posted: Updated:

PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) -- Authorities say a Prescott homeowner used a plumbing warming device to try to keep his cat's bed warm during sub-freezing temperatures but ended up starting a fire that burned the home's detached garage.
 
Fire Marshal Don Devendorf says the homeowner says he placed heat tape on the cat's bed and covered it in an attempt to keep the cat warm.
 
The Daily Courier reports that the garage burned Friday was a total loss, with damage to the garage and its contents estimated at $25,000.
 
Devendorf says heat tapes are meant to keep pipes from freezing and that they get very hot but dissipate the heat through the lengths of pipe.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press modified.

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices