Paulsboro Schools Reopen 10 Days After Train Crash - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Paulsboro Schools Reopen 10 Days After Train Crash

Posted: Updated:

Ten days after a train derailment rocked the quiet borough of Paulsboro, the public schools have reopened.

The following is a statement that posted on the Paulsboro School website Monday afternoon:

Paulsboro Public Schools will re-open on Tuesday at the normal time and run through Friday. Friday, which had been scheduled as a half day, is now a full day.

There will be a public meeting on Tuesday evening at 6 PM in the Paulsboro High School Auditorium, for any questions and concerns the community may have.

Hundreds of residents that were evacuees for over a week were finally allowed back into their homes this past weekend.  Authorities deemed the area around the crash safe.  The  investigation continues into the cause of the derailment. 


  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Veteran Says He Escaped Attempted Armed Robber at Fast Food Drive-Thru

    Veteran Says He Escaped Attempted Armed Robber at Fast Food Drive-Thru

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:53 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:53:43 GMT
    All a 59-year-old Navy veteran wanted was a cheeseburger when he placed an order at the Burger King drive-thru on Tilton Road in Egg Harbor Township. Instead he got a brush with death on Sunday.
    All a 59-year-old Navy veteran wanted was a cheeseburger when he placed an order at the Burger King drive-thru on Tilton Road in Egg Harbor Township. Instead he got a brush with death on Sunday.
  • Police: Mother Left 6-week-Old Son In SUV

    Police: Mother Left 6-week-Old Son In SUV

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:40 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:40:41 GMT
    Philadelphia Police say a 35-year-old mother left her 6-week-old son inside her SUV at the Walmart on Franklin Mills Boulevard.
    Philadelphia Police say a 35-year-old mother left her 6-week-old son inside her SUV at the Walmart on Franklin Mills Boulevard.
  • Two Masked Men Steal Over $180,000 From Caesars Casino

    Two Masked Men Steal Over $180,000 From Caesars Casino

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 12:33 AM EDT2014-07-22 04:33:01 GMT
    Authorities say two men stole $181,200.00 from Caesars Casino in Atlantic City early Monday morning.
    Authorities say two men stole $181,200.00 from Caesars Casino in Atlantic City early Monday morning.
Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices