Police: Investigation of 3 missing boys remains 'active' - FOX13 News, WHBQ FOX 13

Police: Investigation of 3 missing Morenci boys remains 'active'

Posted: Updated:
The Skelton boys, who Morenci police believe are dead. The Skelton boys, who Morenci police believe are dead.

MORENCI, Mich. (WJBK) -- Police say the investigation into the case of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving 2010 remains "active" ahead of the second anniversary of their disappearance.

Police in Morenci, however, say in a statement released Tuesday that they still believe the boys are dead. Investigators say they've received about 1,300 tips and continue to seek more. A $60,000 reward is being offered.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created age-progressed photos of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The boys were last seen at their father's home in Morenci near the Michigan-Ohio border.

The Skelton brothers were 9, 7, and 5 years old, respectively, when they last were seen.

John Skelton pleaded no contest last year to charges of unlawful imprisonment and says he didn't harm the children. Despite Skelton's claims, police in Morenci believe he murdered his sons and likely disposed of them during the early morning hours of Nov. 26.

"His choice to hid behind this outlandish story is selfish and cowardly," said Chief Larry Weeks. "If he cared about his sons at all he would disclose the truth and bring resolution to this case."

- The Associated Press contributed to this report

Powered by WorldNow

WHBQ-TV | Fox 13
485 S. Highland St.
Memphis, TN 38111

Main Station: (901) 320-1313
Newsroom: (901) 320-1340

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices