Police say a southeastern Pennsylvania baby's death this summer was caused by heroin he ingested.
Collingdale police say the July 15 death of Niccolo Varner was the result of acute heroin intoxication. Police and Delaware County prosecutors say the death is under investigation.
Niccolo died after paramedics were called to his home for a report of a child in respiratory distress.
No charges were filed at the time of Varner's death. The boy was at home with his parents, a sibling and a house guest when he was stricken.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
How far would you go to help your kids from suffering? A New Jersey family picked up and moved half way across the country for easy access to marijuana for their 3-year-old daughter.
Police are looking for this duo, accused of burglarizing a police officer's car and stealing his wallet.
A kitten tested positive for rabies, and now the Burlington County Health Department is urging anyone that handled the cat to be tested.