A benefit fund has been established to help a critically injured mother and her three children who survived a house explosion Saturday morning in Tracy, Minn.
Neighbors ran to rescue Sonja Timmons and her children after the explosion, which blew the chimney off the roof and sent glass flying across the street.
Troy Haugen told FOX 9 News the explosion happened when Timmons, his fiancée, lit a cigarette. Investigators have been looking into gas problems in the home as a potential cause, but Haugen said Timmons did not smell gas or feel unwell prior to the explosion.
Timmons remains in critical condition at Regions Hospital in St. Paul. Her 8-year-old daughter Kaylee is also in critical condition.
Sonja's two-year-old daughter MKena, is in serious condition, and her two-month-old daughter Jaydn is in good condition.
The family says recovery will require multiple surgeries and months of physical rehabilitation.
Supporters can donate by credit card over the phone or mail a check to:
Sonja Timmons and Family First Independent Bank 108 3rd St in Balaton, MN 56115 Phone: 507-734-2100
Join our Facebook family
WHBQ-TV | Fox 13 485 S. Highland St. Memphis, TN 38111
Main Station: (901) 320-1313 Newsroom: (901) 320-1340